Ok, I’ve to admit it sounded a lot like an overpromise right there. This recipe has actually been shared by a Brazillian friend of mine who’s also a personal instructor. She is a bit of a fitness junkie and a clean eating advocate. I think everyone has their little own take on this recipe but the following is my take;
- 1/2 avocado
- 300ml Almond Milk
- A dollop of Honey – for taste (optional)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder -whey protein, hemp protein (for Vegans) or any other protein powder that you normally take
- 1 handful of Spinach/ Kale –optional (I normally blend Kale separately with water and sift it to get rid of the leafy texture)
Blend this all together and you’ll have an amazing breakfast smoothie that’s packed with healthy fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants. The best part that it’s quick and easy and you won’t go hungry by lunchtime. Adding protein powder also helps with collagen building, healthier hair growth, and a glowing complexion – as it is advised by my trichologist that we should always have protein for breakfast (plus it’s the most important meal of the day). So ladies if you’re growing out your hair or just looking for that extra glow, this recipe is a must-try!
Avocado is also known to contain:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
- Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
Which is just an amazing superfruit!
Combine this with a ton of squats, you’ll be sure to attain that perfect Kar-Jenner Clan’s Bubble-buble-bubble Butt in no time! (That, I’m still working on… aren’t we all?)
Go ahead. Love your body.
Try it out and let me know how you like it!
Photo: Gorenje International