I’ve to admit, I have turned into an eyelash extension addict. I’ve had a session every month for the past 4 months. I love how they looked but I definitely didn’t love how time consuming they were. I also felt like my eyelashes kept shedding due to the weight of the extensions. So finally after months of having having long beautiful lashes, I decided to let them all naturally fall out and embrace my natural (or lack there of) eyelashes.
I started watching tutorials and reading up on which eyelash formula to use in order to get them lengthier. Some swear by castor oil, others swear by eyelash growing formulas. I first started with castor oil with a wand applicator and applied this twice daily on both my eyelash and eyebrows. Castor oil has a thick viscosity. At first it took time getting used to especially when I feel the oil in my eyes especially when I wake up in the morning.
Then I decided to incorporate an eyelash enhancing serum formula by RapidLash. I have very sensitive skin, the type that flares up very quickly. The first time I applied the serum on my eyelash and went to bed, I didn’t quite feel a difference post-application. However, when I woke up, I had redness on my lower eyelids which was odd as I did not feel any discomfort the night prior.
How Do RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum Work?
- RapidLash contains active ingredients and vitamins that boost lash growth (Hexatein One Complex and peptides)
- Clinically proven RapidLash helps boost the appearance of eyelashes with a simple once a day application, for 60 days
- RapidLash offers up to 50% longer looking and up to 75% more voluminous looking natural lashes in just 60 days (Clinically proven in a study of 49 subjects over 84 days)
- 3ml formula lasts 3-4 months (applied at night, once daily)
- Also applicable on eyebrows
My Experience with RapidLash
- Redness and slight itchiness on my bottom eyelids
- Eyelashes feel more conditioned
- Slight improvement in length (after 2 weeks)- bear in mind I have extremely fine lashes
How Do Castor Oil Work?
- Make sure you’re purchasing pure castor oil (preferably cold-pressed and organic). Also, ensure it is ‘hexane-free’. Castor oil that has been blended with other oils or ingredients may cause irritation
- There’s evidence that ricinoleic acid, a chemical compound that makes up almost 90 percent of castor oil, may help reverse hair loss (2).
- A study found that the protein prostaglandin D2(PGD2) is present in high levels on men who have male pattern baldness, and is one of the factors that kept the subjects of the study from growing their hair back (3).
My Experience with Castor Oil
- I realise that my eyebrow and lashes feels more conditioned. It could very well be the viscosity of the oil. It feels nourished like it is coated with a protective film.
- My eyebrows feel thicker, less sparse- as I have applied this only on my eyebrows after receiving my RapidLash formula.
I can’t quite decide which one is better but of course castor oil is much cheaper and is an all natural product. The result is probably not as drastic as the eyelash formula but I think for an all natural product it does a pretty good job at boosting growth. Plus it didn’t cause any irritation to my eyes. However, if you are looking for a bit of a more drastic result and do not have sensitive eyes/ skin, I would recommend you to try our RapidLash.